top of page
Mother and father relaxing on couch while two children play on living room floor in front of them.

What to Expect from Us.


We know that having your loan transferred from one servicer to another can be confusing, so we want to make sure you know exactly what to expect throughout the process. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to Contact Us.

What to Expect During the Servicing Transfer Process

Take note of the servicing transfer date in the notice that you received from your current mortgage servicing company. This is the date when Fay Servicing becomes your mortgage servicer and can begin to assist you with your loan. Your current mortgage servicer will continue to assist you up to the servicing transfer date.

A few days after the servicing transfer date, Fay Servicing will send you a Welcome Package with your new loan number and other important information. Your Fay Welcome Package will look like the one to the right but will contain your information where appropriate.

Photo 3 - FMS SEM PAGE (2).png

Sample Welcome Letter

Register for Secure Online Access with Your New Fay Loan Number

Once you register for online access, you can manage your account by yourself. Your online account will give you the ability to set up auto-pay, review your loan details and recent activity, and see your escrow account information all in one place. You will also be able to go paperless and receive many documents, including monthly statements, electronically. Please note, if your account is past due, you may be unable to make payments online.

To Register for your Fay Servicing online account after you receive your welcome letter, please follow these steps:

1. Note your Fay Servicing loan number in the upper right-hand corner of your letter.

2. Go to the Online Portal HERE


If you already made a payment to your current mortgage servicer and that payment wasn’t due until after the servicing transfer date, don’t worry, your current mortgage servicer will forward the payment to Fay Servicing.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have set up auto pay through your bank, please change your payee information for your mortgage to Fay Servicing, LLC and include your new Fay account number.

Next year, you may have two year-end 1098 statements regarding interest on your mortgage loan: one from us and one from your previous servicing organization. You will need both to file your taxes for the year. The one from us will be available in your online account after January 31. If you do not register for an online account, the 1098 will be mailed to you.

Nothing about how your property taxes are paid is changing. If you have an escrow account, Fay Servicing will pay your property taxes from escrow. If you do not have an escrow account, you are responsible for paying your property taxes.

  1. Upload your insurance policy information at

  2. The Express Insurance Info website is available 24/7 via computer or smart phone.

  3. To access, simply enter customer first and last name, property address, and policy number.

  4. Then attach your insurance policy, up to three, and hit submit.

  5. When prompted, please enter the numerical code: 3143841 

  6. Once your policy information has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation that your documents have been successfully uploaded and received.

You can also send the information by fax to: 1-248-781-9345

Submit Proof of Homeowners Insurance

Insurance Mortgagee Clause

Your current mortgage servicer will notify your insurance company of your new loan number and will change the mortgagee on your homeowner’s insurance to the following address: 


Fay Servicing


P.O. Box 7047

Troy, MI 48007-7047

Optional Insurance

If you have any other additional insurance, including mortgage, life or disability insurance, those policies will not transfer to us, and the insurance will be discontinued. Please contact your insurance carrier regarding continuing coverage.

For All Other Questions Please Call Customer Service

Residential Customers: 1-800-495-7166

Commercial Customers: 1-888-201-3780

Frequently Asked Questions

Will it cost money to get help? 

  • No. There should never be a fee to obtain assistance or information about foreclosure prevention options from your mortgage servicer or a qualified housing finance agency.

  • Never send a mortgage payment to a company except the one listed on your monthly mortgage statement.

  • Beware of scams and anyone offering to help you for a fee (see Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams! for additional information).

What is foreclosure?

  • Foreclosure is the loss of your home through a legal process where your mortgage servicer or a third party acquires the property at a foreclosure sale.  

What are the consequences of foreclosure?

  • You must move or you will be evicted from the property. 

  • It may be as long as seven years before you are eligible for another Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac mortgage.

  • You and any additional borrower listed on the mortgage may experience negative credit implications. 

Will the foreclosure process begin if I do not respond to my mortgage servicer’s notices regarding missed payments?

  • If you disregard your mortgage servicer’s notices, your mortgage servicer may refer your mortgage to foreclosure as authorized by your mortgage documents and applicable law.

Should I still contact my mortgage servicer if I have waited too long and my property has been referred to foreclosure? 

  • Yes, the sooner the better! If you wish to keep your home, contact your mortgage servicer immediately.

  • You may also contact a HUD-approved housing counselor (see Additional Resources on page 1) and request a three-way call that would include you, the HUD-approved housing counselor, and your mortgage servicer to discuss your hardship.

  • A HUD-approved housing counselor can also provide free advice on debt management.

Can I still be evaluated for mortgage assistance if my property is scheduled for a foreclosure sale?

  • Yes, but it is important that you reach out to your servicer as soon as possible to discuss potential options. If your mortgage servicer receives your complete Mortgage Assistance Application with only 37 or fewer calendar days before the scheduled foreclosure sale, there is no guarantee that your servicer will be able to evaluate you for mortgage assistance in time to stop the foreclosure sale.

  • Even if your mortgage servicer approves you for a foreclosure alternative prior to a sale, a court with jurisdiction over the foreclosure proceeding (if any) or public official charged with carrying out the sale may not be able to halt the scheduled sale.

Will my property be sold at a foreclosure sale if I accept a foreclosure alternative?

  • No. Your property will not be sold at a foreclosure sale if you accept a foreclosure avoidance option and comply with its requirements.

What if I acquired an ownership interest in the property, such as through death, divorce, or legal separation? 

  • You should contact us as soon as possible. We are here to help you adjust to these events and provide you with information on where to send the mortgage payments. Please contact us to obtain a list of documentation that is needed to confirm your identity and ownership interest in the property, and to discuss next steps.

Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams!

Scam artists have stolen millions of dollars from distressed homeowners by promising immediate relief from foreclosure, or demanding cash for counseling services. HUD‐approved counseling agencies provide the same services for FREE. If you receive an offer, information, or advice that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you have any doubts, contact your mortgage servicer. Don't let scammers take advantage of you, your situation, your house, or your money. Keep in mind, your mortgage servicer is not responsible for paying damages resulting from a scam.  Remember, help is FREE.

How to Spot a Scam – beware of a company or person who:

  • Asks for a fee in advance to work with your mortgage servicer to modify, refinance, or reinstate your mortgage.

  • Guarantees they can stop a foreclosure or get your mortgage modified.

  • Advises you to stop paying your mortgage servicer and pay them instead.

  • Pressures you to sign over the deed to your home or sign any paperwork that you haven't had a chance to read, and you don't fully understand.

  • Claims to offer "government‐approved" or "official government" mortgage modifications.

  • Asks you to release personal financial information online or over the phone and you have not been working with this person and/or do not know them.

How to Report a Scam – do one of the following: 


  • Call (888) 995‐HOPE (4673) and tell the counselor about your situation and that you believe you were scammed or know of a scam.

Customers can also visit the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) Consumer Access website at

bottom of page