Notice of Collection of Personal Information
“We,” “us,” or “our” means Fay Servicing, LLC.
“You” or “your” means the California Resident to whom this Notice of Collection of Personal Information (”Notice”) is directed.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to know the following categories of Personal Information that we collect about California Residents.
Categories of Personal Information
- Identifiers. This may include a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, government-issued identifiers, such as Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number.
- Personal Information Under California Customer Records Law. This may include a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Characteristics of Protected Classification under California or Federal Law. This may include age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information. This may include transaction information and records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information. This may include fingerprints, faceprints, voiceprints and other biological or behavioral characteristics that can be used to establish your identity.
- Geolocation Data. This may include physical location or movements (such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location).
- Sensory Data. This includes audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call and video recordings.
- Professional or employment-related information. This may include current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- Non-Public Education Information. This is non-public education information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, and may include education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as report cards, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, and student disciplinary records.
- Internet and Electronic Network Activity Information. This may include browsing history, search history, interactions with our website.
- Inferences From Other Personal Information. This includes inferences from your Personal Information to create a profile about, for example, your preferences and characteristics.
You also have the right to know the business or commercial purposes for which we will use these categories of Personal Information.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including the following:
- Account Services: Offering our account services, including: (1) establishing, maintaining, supporting, and servicing an account you may have opened with us and for which you provided the information or that you may have applied for or established with us; (2) providing services, products, or information you may have requested from us; and (3) providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on our own behalf or on the service provider’s behalf.
- Security and Fraud Detection: Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging: Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Improvement of Products and Services: Verify, maintain, and improve our products and services.
- Internal Research: We use Personal Information for our internal research related to technological development and demonstration.
- Advertising and Marketing Services: We use Personal Information to provide advertising or marketing services on our own behalf.
- Legal Obligations: We use Personal Information to comply with legal obligations.
- Audits: We use Personal Information to audit current interactions with you and related transactions (e.g., counting and verifying ad impressions, auditing compliance).
- Merger/Acquisition/Bankruptcy, etc.: We may use your Personal Information as part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction where a third party assumes control of us.
- Commercial/Economic Interests: We use Personal Information to advance our commercial or economic interest.
We will not use your Personal Information for any purpose other than those listed above. If we will use your Personal Information for a purpose that was not listed above, we will notify you of the new use and obtain your explicit consent for the new use.
We have not sold any Personal Information in the past 12 months. Further, we do not and will not sell any Personal Information. We do not sell the Personal Information of minors less than 16 years of age.
As noted in our California Consumer Privacy Act Policy, which can be found at https://www.fayservicing.com/privacy-policy/california-privacy-statement, the CCPA does not apply to certain information we collect such as certain Personal Information covered by or collected under industry-specific privacy laws including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Please visit https://www.fayservicing.com/privacy-policy for a copy of our GLBA policy. There are additional exemptions that apply to certain Personal Information we collect from job applicants, employees, etc., and from transactions with other entities.
If you have any questions, please visit our California Privacy Statement located at https://www.fayservicing.com/privacy-policy/california-privacy-statement or contact us at (833) 957-1188.